During the submission period (November 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020), petitions were filed electronically through the state’s website, medicalmarijuana.ohio.gov. Per Ohio Administrative Code 4731-32-05,a petition needs to include:
- The name and contact information
- Specific disease or condition requested to be added
- Information from experts who specialize in the study of the disease or condition
- Relevant medical or scientific evidence
- Consideration of whether conventional medical therapies are insufficient to treat or alleviate the disease or condition
- Evidence supporting the use of medical marijuana to treat or alleviate the disease or condition and other types of medical or scientific documentation
- Letters of support provided by physicians
Petitions that meet the requirements of OAC 4731-32-05 will proceed and be reviewed by subject matter experts. Petitions submitted for the same condition will be combined for the reviews. Any petition for a condition that has been previously reviewed by the board and rejected will not be considered by the board unless new scientific research that supports the request is offered.
The board’s committee will review the expert reports and then make a recommendation to the full board for a vote to adopt/deny a petition to add the qualifying condition under review. A full board vote will occur in summer 2021.
The Medical Board’s rules (Ohio Administrative Code) for the qualifying conditions can be found here: http://codes.ohio.-gov/oac/4731-32-05.
The next condition petition window will be Nov. 1 – Dec. 31, 2021.